22 July 2008

Rock On....You Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all started with my sister's email asking me to check out one of Farhan Akhtar's video on YouTube performing U2's song 'One'. The video came as a complete surprise as I never knew that Farhan Akhtar sings. I have to admit this is an amazingly talented guy. Having seen his video I was tempted to listen to the just released tracks of his forthcoming movie 'Rock On'. I never knew that I would be in for such a pleasant surprise. I was aware that Rock On's music has released and having followed Rediff.com's review about the album I really did not bother to give it a listen. I have to admit that it was the dumbest thing to do, I wonder why did I listen to rediff's review and not follow my instincts which indicates that it must be good. C'mon, anyone who has enjoyed Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya immensely, I am a big admirer of Farhan. Anyways, I did finally give it a listen........

The few words that come to my mind after having listened to the soundtracks are........I LOVE IT!!!! I am a Classic Rock fan, for such a person I guess this soundtrack is a complete treat. One thing I can say for sure that it is very matured rock, hats off to Shankar-Eshaan-Loy. It also gives you a very fresh feel, fresh in the prespective of Bollywood. Finally i think that bollywood is coming of age. Thanks to Farhan, Shankar-Eshaan-Loy to name a few!!

Even though I simply loved all the tracks but I guess one song deserves a special mention. The song is 'Phir Dekhiye' by Caralisa Monteiro. I guess I can write a whole paragraph citing what are the things I loved about this track. Who is Caralisa Monteiro???? God, she has this amazingly sensuous voice. Bowled over by her voice and her singing I was tempted to do a Google on her. To my surprise I found that she has done playback for a good number of popular tracks, sad I only noticed her now. ‘Phir Dekhiye’ gives you a soothing listening experience, while I listened to it over n over again late in the night it reminded me of many old timers….Joan Baez and of the likes. Caralisa has definitely got a very matured voice and style of singing. Simply love this song and whoever attempts to listen to this album would love it.

I would refrain from giving a track by track review as I guess you would find it all over on the net. I would prefer that you rather would give it a listen. Anyone who likes Classic Rock would simply love this album.

This has definitely raised my expectation of the movie, cannot wait till the releases. I hope Farhan you prove to be as good an actor as you are a director and now a singer J !!

No comments: